What you need to know
From 21 August 2019, we’re closing our email service. This means your email address will stop working and you won’t be able to send or receive emails with it.
Since we launched our email service almost 20 years ago, email functionality has come a long way. We know our email service is no longer delivering the sort of experience that Kiwis need, which is why we are closing this service.
We’re really sorry for the inconvenience, but we genuinely believe this is the right decision to ensure you stay connected now and in the future.
Our Ninjas have put together some helpful tips and FAQs to make this transition as easy as possible for you
Follow these simple steps to be ready
2. Think about which businesses you need to update with your new email
We’ve put together a checklist of the most common service providers for you.
3. After you've set up your new email address, you could set up an auto-response message from your old Vodafone email address
4. You will need to move any stored email which you want to keep to your new email account
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to do to prepare for this change?
What will happen to emails sent to my old Vodafone email address?
How do I change the email address that I get my Vodafone bill sent to?
- Log into My Vodafone, selecting Mobile
- At the top of the screen, point your mouse cursor over Profile and select Billing settings. The Billing settings screen appears
- In the Billing delivery method section, click Edit
- Enter your new email address in the Your email address is field
- Click Save.
- Log into My Vodafone, selecting Internet & landline
- In the My Vodafone section, click Update Contact Details
- In the Other details section, enter your new email address in the Email address field
- Click Save my details
- Sign in to Customer Zone
- Select Change beside Billing Address (Postal/email)
- Make sure that the Email radio button is selected
- Enter your new email address
- Click Submit
Will the monthly charge for my Vodafone service change since you are removing a service?
What if I am using my Vodafone email address as a log-in for other services or websites?
21 August 2019 is too soon, can I get an extension?
Why Gmail or Outlook.com?
|Modern email box design - chat, etc||✔||✔||✘|
|Strong spam filtering||✔||✔||✘|
|Heaps of storage||15GB||5GB+||200MB and upwards|
|On all devices, with dedicated app||✔||✔||✘|
|Fast email search||Bing||✘|
|View attachments instantly||✔||✔||✘|
|Instant chat/calling services||Google Hangouts||Skype||✘|
|Cloud storage||Google Drive||OneDrive||✘|
Google Docs and
Google services (Youtube, Google Translate, Google Photos)
|Add-ons/Extensions for email||Dropbox|
|Customise theme design||✔||✔||✘|