Don’t be afraid to use your phone overseas
Important things to know
- Remember - your bundle will be activated immediately so make sure you only purchase when you land!
- Roaming Add-Ons are valid until midnight NZ time. If you purchased the Daily Add-On before midnight NZ time, you will be able to use it until midnight NZ time the next day. If you purchased the Weekly Add-On before midnight NZ time, you will be able to use it for the next 7 full days (NZ time). We will confirm via TXT when your bundle is due to expire. It’s important you keep this date in mind.
- If you run out of data in your add-on you can stay connected by grabbing a data only boost. If you run out of minutes or TXT’s you can stack up your add-ons. You just can’t have two of the same kind, so you’ll need to grab the other add-on or wait until yours expires. Learn about repurchasing Prepay roaming bundles.
- Roaming add-ons are not available in every country. If you plan to travel to multiple countries, make sure you check out the rates for each one
- *Prepay roaming add-ons can only be purchased on the following plans: My Flex Prepay, Mates Prepay, Prepay Pay & Go, Prepay Carryover $19 or $29, International Plan and Vodafone X.
- Please note that Vodafone Pass purchases are only available for use within New Zealand. If you roam overseas, data charges will apply. Vodafone Pass data is not available for use when roaming and is not included as part of your Prepay roaming bundle.
Everything you need to know about Prepay Add-ons
1. When you land in a new country you will receive a TXT with your Prepay roaming rates.
2. TXT the codes above in order to purchase an add-on.
3. That’s it – you're all set up and ready to roam!
Roaming Add-ons are valid until midnight NZ time. If you purchased the daily Add-On before midnight NZ time, you will be able to use it until midnight NZ time the next day. If you purchased the weekly Add-On before midnight NZ time, you will be able to use it for the next 7 full days (NZ time).
If you run out of data, TXTs or minutes you can stack up your add-ons. You just can’t have two of the same kind, so you’ll need to grab the other Add-on, or a data boost
- Know exactly what you're spending
- Not difficult to set up
- Includes calls & TXTs within the Daily Roaming country and back to NZ
Make sure to check the costs if you’re taking a cruise or using In-flight roaming on the plane as they vary and are different from our standard roaming rates. If you are planning to visit more than one country, make sure to check the roaming eligibility for everywhere you are travelling.
Prepay roaming countries
Prepay Roaming casual rates
|Area||Outgoing callsper minute||TXTs per message||Incoming callsper minute||Data|
|Australia||$0.79||80c||$1||50c / MB|
|Zone 2||$2.79||80c||$1||$10 / MB|
|Zone 3||$3.79||80c||$1||$10 / MB|
|Zone 4||$5.79||80c||$1||$10 / MB|
Zone 2: Anguilla - Antigua & Barbuda - Antilles - Argentina - Aruba - Austria - Barbados - Belgium - Bermuda - Brazil - British Virgin Islands - Bonaire - Bulgaria - Canada - Cayman Islands - Chile - China - Colombia - Croatia - Cyprus - Curacao - Czech Republic - Denmark - Dominica - Estonia - Fiji - France - Germany - Ghana - Greece - Grenada - Haiti - Hungary - Hong Kong - Iceland - India - Indonesia - Ireland - Israel - Italy - Jamaica - Japan - Kosovo - Latvia - Liechtenstein - Lithuania - Luxembourg - Macau - Malta - Malaysia - Mexico - Monaco - Montserrat - Montenegro - Nauru - Netherlands - Norway - Panama - Papua New Guinea - Peru - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - Puerto Rico - Romania - Samoa - Singapore - Slovenia -South Africa - South Korea - Spain - St Lucia - St Maarten - St Vincent & The Grenadines - Sweden - Switzerland - Thailand - Taiwan - Tonga - Tunisia - Turkey - Turks & Caicos - United Kingdom (including Jersey) - Uruguay - USA - Vanuatu
Zone 3: Afghanistan - Albania - Bahamas - Bahrain - Bangladesh - Belarus - Bhutan - Bonaire - Bosnia - Brunei - Cambodia - Cameroon - Cook Islands - Costa Rica - Cuba - Curacao - East Timor - Egypt - El Salvador - Faroe Islands - Finland -French Guiana - Guinea Bissau - French Polynesia - Gibraltar - Guam/Northern Mariana Islands (Voice and Txt Only) - Guatemala - Honduras - Iraq - Iran - Jordan - Kiribati - Kuwait - Laos - Lebanon (voice & TXT only) - Macedonia - Maldives - Mauritania - Moldova - Nepal - New Caledonia - Nicaragua - Oman - Sri Lanka - Pakistan - Palestine - Qatar - Saudi Arabia - Slovakia - Solomon Islands - Suriname - Trinidad & Tobago - Ukraine - United Arab Emirates - Venezuela - Vietnam - Wallis & Futuna - Yemen - Zambia
Zone 4: Algeria - Angola - Armenia - Azerbaijan - Belize - Benin - Bolivia - Botswana - Burkina Faso - Burundi - Cape Verde - Central African Republic - Chad - Congo - Djibouti - Dominican Republic - Equatorial Guinea - Ethiopia - Gabon - Gambia - Georgia - Guinea - Guyana - Ivory Coast - Kazakhstan - Kenya - Kyrgyzstan - Lesotho - Liberia - Libya - Madagascar - Malawi - Mali - Mauritius - Mongolia - Morocco - Mozambique - Myanmar - Namibia - Niger - Nigeria - Paraguay - Russia - Rwanda - Sao Tome & Principe - Senegal - Seychelles - Sierra Leone - South Sudan - Tajikistan -Tanzania - Togo - Turkmenistan - Uganda - Uzbekistan - Zimbabwe
Prepay Roaming Add-ons are only available on selected Prepay mobile plans and selected destinations. If no add-ons are purchased, casual roaming rates will apply. All activities will be based on NZ time. If you are not on an Eligible Plan and/or in an eligible Roaming Country casual rates will apply. Prepay Roaming does not include premium numbers, satellite calls, in-flight roaming calls, maritime calls and fax/data calls. Prepay Roaming Terms and Conditions apply.
Feel like a local, even before you land
|ROMER Quick Guides app for Android|
ROMER Quick Guides app for iOS