Pay Monthly plans with Endless Data
Here’s how Companion Plans work:
- Endless Data on Medium, Large, or Xtra Large plans
- Unlimited Talk & TXTs to Std NZ and Oz numbers
- No more sharing. Everyone gets their own data, talk and TXTs
- Hotspot for no extra cost
- Manage your costs easily on one bill
Already on a Endless Data Plan?
Jump into the MyVodafone app and select an eligible plan.
Go to MyVodafone app
Buy one $60 Medium or above Pay Monthly Mobile plan and add up to 3 more for $30 per Companion plan per month. Companions must be on the same billing account and plan type as the Primary Plan (e.g. all Large plans). The Primary Plan account holder is liable for all charges including the cost of each plan. Companion plans are not available through the Online store. Speeds reduced to a maximum of 1.2Mbps after Max Speed Data allowance exceeded. Unlimited voice calls & TXTs to standard NZ & Oz numbers (e.g. no short codes or MMS/PXT). Personal Mobile use only. Fair use applies. Mobile terms and Pay Monthly terms terms apply.
Frequently Asked Questions about our Companion plan
Are Companion Plans right for me?
How can I add a Companion Plan?
What do I need to understand when joining a Companion Plan?
This also means the Primary plan holder will be able to:
- See a record of all calls and TXT messages made and received from your number (but not the content of the calls or TXTs)
- Change the Primary and Companion plans (e.g. downgrading or upgrading the plan type, adding call bars to prevent international dialling, or adding or removing other add-ons such as interest free payments)
- Terminate or suspend the Primary Plan and/or the Companion plan
- Move your number to another provider
You can check out more of the details and read our full Terms and Conditions here.
What happens to my current plan when I move to a Companion Plan?
- You are responsible for any outstanding charges that remain on the account at the time of joining a Companion plan
- If you are in contract for your Vodafone plan, you may be charged an early termination fee and will be required to pay any outstanding amounts due (including any Interest Free Payments).
- If you have any add-ons or discounts on your existing plan/account, they will not be applied to the new Companion plan
If you have a Prepay plan:
- Any existing credit you have will be transferred across to the new Pay Monthly bill.
Want to know more about Endless Data?
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Endless Data?
Instead of picking a plan based on how much data you need, you pick a plan on how much data you need at Max Speed. Once you exceed your Max Speed Data you then get Endless Data at reduced speeds.
What can I do with my Endless Data at reduced speeds?
With Endless Data at reduced speeds you can continue to do all the things you love like listening to music, keeping up on social media or streaming video (in max SD quality only). You may not be able to use multiple applications at the same time.
Once you start using your Endless Data you will notice a difference in speed with increased load time, particularly when watching video or viewing images in high resolution. The actual speeds will vary depending on device, location, network coverage and network congestion.
What is Max Speed Data?
Once you have exceeded your Max Speed Data allowance, your speed will be reduced to a maximum speed of 1.2Mbps.
What Pay Monthly plan is right for me?
Small Mobile: 4GB Max Speed Data
Medium Mobile: 12GB Max Speed Data
Large Mobile: 40GB Max Speed Data
Extra Large Mobile: 100GB Max Speed Data
To give you an idea of which plan might be best fit for you, streaming Netflix for an hour would use about 1GB in Standard Definition (SD) and up to 3GB in High Definition (HD).
The great news is that all our new plans are open term, so you can change your plan (once a month) in the My Vodafone app, if your needs change.
How will I know when I have exceeded my Max Speed Data allowance?
You can also check your data usage any time in the My Vodafone app. Here's the links to download the app on Android or iOS.
What should I do if I keep on exceeding my Max Speed Data allowance?
The great news is that all of our plans are open term, allowing you to change your plan to suit your needs once a month.
Alternatively you can buy a one off Max Speed Data Boost to tide you over until your plan renews which you can buy directly from the My Vodafone app.
Here's the links to download the app on Android or iOS.
Can I enjoy 5G on your Pay Monthly plans?
To enjoy 5G you will also need a 5G phone from Vodafone and be in a 5G coverage area. 5G is live in parts of Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Queenstown, and we will continue to roll out 5G to more New Zealanders, so keep an eye out on the coverage map.
You can also go 5G on us until 30 June 2021. Then, from 1 July 2021, just grab a $10 monthly Add-On.