1. How do I know if my free 12 month or 90 day Social Pass is working?
Your free Social Pass will start when you activate your new SIM, or your new plan is set up and ready to go.
You can keep track of your Social Pass in the My Vodafone app under ‘Plan & Add ons’. Heads up - your free pass will be added to your plan every month, so you’ll see the pass countdown reset at the start of each new month.
2. What apps can I use?
Each type of Pass is only valid when you’re using an official, included app, on an Android or iOS mobile device. Be careful not to use non-official or Lite versions of the apps, as they will use your data allowance!
3. Will the apps in each Pass ever change?
Yes, apps included in Vodafone Pass can change without notice. Keep an eye on this page for an up to date list of apps that are included.
4. When you say “endless”… is it really endless?
Yes, endless data does mean endless, with the exception of a small amount of data, outside Vodafone’s control, that will be taken out of your plan entitlement. For example, an ad served up from a third party while streaming a video.
Standard charges will apply for the below, but are not limited to:
- Advertisements and advertisement links that are displayed within apps
- Apps using features on your device. For example, your calendar may have permission to access data in the background or use location services.
- External links and navigation to other websites, apps, news, blogs, walls, maps, app stores
- GIF library
- Maps and location services
- RSS feeds
- Software/application updates happening at the same time
- Video and content hosted from other sites that are played in the app
5. What happens if I run out of data in my plan?
You’ll need a positive data balance, or the ability to use casual data on your plan at all times to use the Pass. This is so that we can ensure you stay connected. Please refer to the above question, explaining that standard charges might apply for usage within apps, outside of Vodafone’s control. Your phone might also update other apps in the background, and this will consume data too.
If you don’t have a positive data balance or casual data on your plan, you will need to purchase additional data to use the Pass.
6. Do I need a streaming subscription to access endless data?
Yep! Subscription services are not included as part of a Pass. Luckily, there are lots of apps included in Vodafone Pass that don’t require subscriptions!
7. Can I use video calling on Chat Pass?
Yes video calling is included with Chat Pass on Viber and Messenger on both Android and iOS devices. However Video Calling is only available on Android through WhatsApp.
8. How many Passes can I get?
You can choose up to four Passes per connection (Video, Chat, Social and Music). Sorry, you can’t share it with another device.
9. Is there a fair usage policy?
While we want you to use the data freely, if your usage is excessive then Vodafone will remove the Vodafone Pass. Excessive usage is defined as data usage that far exceeds the average.
10. Can I tether or hotspot my mates using Vodafone Pass?
No sorry. Hot spotting and tethering are not allowed with an active Vodafone Pass. Each device much have their own Vodafone Pass to access endless data.
11. Can I watch in High Definition?
Video content will be optimised to be similar to DVD quality (e.g. 480p/SD) on a smartphone/tablet. This includes all Video Pass content and Facebook videos within the Social Pass. If you need to watch in HD, you’ll need to cancel your Vodafone Pass. Any unused portion of a Pass is non-refundable.
12. Can I still use my Pass overseas?
No sorry - Vodafone Passes are available for use within the Vodafone New Zealand network only. If you roam overseas, data charges will apply.
This includes using your monthly data allowance as part of On Account mobile $5 a day roaming or your Prepay roaming bundle.
13. I’m a content provider, how do I join the offer?
Please see http://www.vodafone.co.nz/pass/partnerportal/ to submit your interest.