We're bringing Rural Broadband to more places than ever before
Rural Broadband coverage
Guide to using the coverage map
3G Aerial – You are in Vodafone 3G coverage. A technician is required to install an aerial and setup your Rural Broadband service.
4G Aerial – You are in Vodafone 4G coverage. A technician is required to install an aerial and setup your 4G Rural Broadband service.
4G PnP – “4G Plug and Play” means you are within very good or excellent Vodafone 4G coverage. Just call Telesales on 0800 32 76 74 or visit your local Vodafone Retail store, to purchase a 4G modem and just plug and play. No installation required.
4G Voice, or 4G calling is also known as VoLTE, which allows calls to be made over Vodafone’s 4G network. To be able to make a call in one of these 4G only areas, you need to be on a VoLTE enabled plan and have a VoLTE enabled device that has been updated with the latest manufacturers’ software. See our FAQs about VoLTE for more information including eligible devices and indicative timings of when to expect a software update.
Please note: The above map is indicative only and intended to provide general guidance on where rural broadband coverage is available. Please call us to check what is available at your specific address.
Rural Broadband plans
Getting set up
Before we arrive, we'll check your broadband coverage and let you know if you need more than a basic installation or additional cabling. We'll even give you a full break down of the costs involved. We won't begin the installation unless you are happy with any additional costs. If Rural Broadband doesn't work correctly after installation, no charges will apply.
Find out what your Rural Broadband installation includes and the necessary approvals you need to obtain before we arrive.
Please note you are responsible for obtaining all necessary approvals and consents for the installation of Rural Broadband.
Types of installations
Price: $99 (incl GST) standard installation on a 24 month term.
Price: $199 (incl GST) premium installation on a 24 month term.
Rural Broadband: A few things you need to know before installation
Your Rural Broadband installation includes
Installation of a directional antenna. This is installed on the roof facing the nearest Vodafone cell site
- Cabling from the antenna to the 4G wireless modem
- Connection of your main computer to the modem and checking broadband is working
- Transfer of one landline number to the Vodafone wireless service if you selected Rural Broadband and Calling
You need to collect the following approvals and consents before we arrive:
- The installation of the Rural Broadband antenna, cable and equipment at your premises
- Any alterations to your premises needed to install the equipment. (For example, drilling of holes to attach the antenna for antenna attachments and cables)
- Allowing our technicians access to your premises
Standard installation will be carried out if:
- Your home is easily accessible
- It has just a single storey
- If it’s made from brick or wood
- If the modem can be placed next to an exterior wall
- Modem requires less than 10 metres of cabling
Premium installation will be carried out if:
- Your home is built from concrete, steel or glass
- It has 2 or more storeys
- Roof access is difficult or has a pitch of more than 15 degrees
- Scaffolding or elevated platform work is required
- The modem can't be placed next to an internal wall
- Modem requires more than 10 meters of cabling
- Cabling needs to be installed behind interior walls
- The house shape makes it difficult to install the antenna
- The modem needs to be located in an area not easily accessible from outside
4G coverage is not available everywhere and requires a capable device. For coverage and what you need go to vodafone.co.nz/4G. *Customers must have one bill for their Rural Wireless Broadband and eligible On Account mobile for a $10 monthly discount of their On Account mobile plan to apply. The discount will cease to apply if you no longer have your Rural Broadband connection. Traffic management policy applies.
Talk to a Rural Specialist
Instore Rural Specialists
|North Island||South Island|
|36 Victoria Street||Cambridge||188 Burnett Street||Ashburton|
|2 Peel Street||Gisborne||96 Market Street||Blenheim|
|Cnr Hukanui & Comries Roads, Chartwell||Hamilton||209-233 George Street||Dunedin|
|209 Russell Street||Hastings||111 Mackay Street||Greymouth|
|99 Kerikeri Road||Kerikeri||11 Weld Street||Hokitika|
|188 Oxford Street||Levin||3/20 Don Street||Invercargill|
|192-200 Queen Street||Masterton||230 High Street||Motueka|
|74 Arawa Street||Matamata||Richmond Mall, Cnr Croucher & Talbot Streets||Nelson|
|134 Dickens Street||Napier||150 Thames Street||Oamaru|
|Shop 9A, Centre City||New Plymouth||42 Beach Street||Queenstown|
|The Plaza Shopping Centre||Palmerston North||15 Ashley Street||Rangiora|
|103 King Street||Pukekohe||288 Stafford Street||Timaru|
|1170 Amohau Street||Rotorua||Shop 10, Spencer House||Wanaka|
|5 Horomatangi Street||Taupo||163 Palmerston Street||Westport|
|306 Cameron Road||Tauranga|
|1/119 Alexandra Street||Te Awamutu|
|R21 Cnr Te Rapa Straight & Avalon Drive||Te Rapa|
|61 Victoria Avenue||Whanganui|
|232 The Strand||Whakatane|
|4 Port Road||Whangarei|