Free 12 months Social Pass terms:
Free Social Pass is valid for 365 days when joining Vodafone on eligible Pay Monthly plans until 31st Jan 2019.
Vodafone Pass can be purchased on these eligible plans:
- Prepay: My Flex, Mates, Prepay $19 and $29, Pay & Go, International and NZ Travel SIM are eligible for 1 day, 7 day and 30 day Passes only
- On Account: Advantage Lite, Connect, Connect Plus, $69 Plan, Starter, Advantage, Red Lite, Red Essentials, Red, Red Super, Black, Black Data, Red Share and Tablet Share
Each pass type is only valid when using the official apps of the content provider. Lite versions of the apps are not supported. For example Facebook Lite and WhatsApp Lite.
You will see casual data charges or your monthly data allowance being used when using a Pass, as your Pass does not include all content that is available in the content provider’s apps. Standard charges will apply for but are not limited to:
- Advertisements and advertisement links that are displayed within apps
- Apps using features on your device. For example, your calendar may have permission to access data in the background or use location services.
- External links and navigation to other websites, apps, news, blogs, walls, maps, app stores
- GIF library
- Maps and location services
- RSS feeds
- Software/application updates happening at the same time
- Video and content hosted from other sites featured that can be played in the app
A Fair Use Policy applies. If your use of a Pass materially exceeds the average and/or estimated typical customer use of a Pass, then your usage will be excessive and Vodafone will remove your Pass.
Enjoying content through tethering or using your device as a hotspot is not included, standard data charges/use of your monthly data allowance will apply.
Passes are available for use within the Vodafone New Zealand network only. If you roam overseas then data charges will apply, including using your monthly data allowance as part of On Account mobile $7 a day roaming or your Prepay roaming bundle.
Subscriptions to any Service are not covered under a Pass.
Where video content is included, it will be optimised to be similar to DVD quality. This includes all Video Pass content and included Facebook videos within the Social Pass.
Content providers included in the Pass can change without notice, for an up to date list of content providers that are included in the Pass please see vodafone.co.nz/pass
Your mobile device must operate on either an Android or iOS operating system.
Vodafone Pass will not work correctly (for example, it won’t provide you with Endless Data) if you’re using a VPN when accessing the supported content providers apps.