- In these terms and conditions, when we refer to “Rural (Wireless) Broadband” we mean both the Broadband Service and the Broadband and Calling service (unless otherwise stated).
- These terms and conditions are in addition to our Residential Broadband, TV and Fixed Line Terms and Conditions, which also apply.
- In these terms and conditions, Customer Services means the Vodafone customer services team which is available on 0800 800 966.
- A one month minimum term applies to Vodafone Rural Broadband services.
Installation and equipment
- Rural Broadband requires a Vodafone Rural Broadband Modem, antenna and cabling.
- Rural Broadband requires the installation of an antenna, cable and the Vodafone Rural Broadband modem. Our technicians will install an antenna on the roof of your premises, run cable on the outside of your premises and install one jackpoint inside your premises on an external wall. If you require any additional installation services, these may be available from our technicians at an additional charge. Additional travel charges may apply for remote areas.
- Vodafone does not guarantee that the service can be supplied. As part of the installation the installer will perform an additional check to ensure there is sufficient coverage for the service to work. In case there is insufficient coverage the customer will not incur any cost for a failed install in this case.
- 4G speeds and services are only possible in 4G coverage areas. 4G coverage is not available everywhere. Compatible 4G devices (modem and aerial) are required for 4G services to work.
- Our technician will connect the Vodafone Rural broadband modem to your computer (and your phone, if you have selected Rural Broadband and Calling).
- You are responsible for obtaining all necessary approvals and consents for the installation of the antenna, cable and equipment at your premises; for any alterations to your premises needed to install the equipment; and for allowing our technicians access to your premises.
- The Vodafone Rural broadband modem contains a SIM card. You may not use this SIM card in any other device. It remains our property and you must return it to Vodafone on request.
- You may not use your Vodafone Rural broadband modem to receive the Rural Broadband service with antenna, cable or equipment that has not been installed by our technicians. Once installed, you are responsible for the care and maintenance of the antenna, cable and equipment.
- You may not use your Vodafone Rural broadband modem to receive the Rural Broadband service at any location other than the installed location. If you are moving, please contact us. If you are moving to a location within our Rural Broadband coverage area, you may be able to continue to use the service but an additional installation fee may apply. If you are moving to a location outside our current Rural Broadband coverage area, you will need to terminate your contract with us. Early termination charges may apply.
- The Vodafone Rural broadband modem requires mains power. In the event of a power failure, service will not be available, including access to emergency services.
- If you choose a 24 month minimum term, early termination charges and plan transfer fees may apply unless otherwise stated. Early termination charges on a 24 month minimum term are $350 (incl GST).
- If you choose a 12 month minimum term, early termination charges and plan transfer fees may apply unless otherwise stated. Early termination charges on a 12 month minimum term are $195 (incl GST).
- If you choose a 1 month minimum term, you accept that you will be charged for the upfront installation costs for your wireless broadband services.
- New connections are subject to credit checks.
- Data usage is measured in 10KB blocks, rounded upwards at the end of a data session or every 20 minutes, whichever comes first.
- Usage outside of your data bundle allocation is charged at a per MB rate as specified in the relevant Rural Broadband pricing plan. You will be charged on a per MB basis, so if you go over your data allowance by 20KB you'll be charged for the full MB.
- Any unused data within a monthly data bundle will not be carried forward to the following month.
- We reserve the right to manage traffic at peak times to improve the overall performance and experience among our customers. In particular, we reserve the right to prioritise specific types of traffic over other traffic at times of congestion (and for limited time periods) where we consider there will be significant customer interest in the specific type of traffic and these actions are necessary to ensure customers receive an acceptable experience.
- The Rural Broadband service excludes activities such as auto dialling, telemarketing, call centres, and using Cellular Trunking Units (CTUs).
- The Rural Broadband service is not able to be used as a gateway server.
- Your first bill will include part month charges plus a month in advance.
Rural Broadband and Calling only
- The Rural Broadband and Calling service is not suitable for fax; EFTPOS; monitored alarms; medic alarms; or SKY modems. If you use one of these services you will need to retain a fixed land line.
- If you wish to port your existing phone number to the Rural broadband and calling plan then the port will occur after the installation is complete. The port will occur up to 7 days after the install. Until the port is completed your existing phone service will continue to work and you will be billed for this period. You may be charged early termination fees or other charges by your existing service provider.
- National landline calls are included in the calling bundle. National landline calling offer is the Talk 2 calling plan and applies for calls of up to 2 hours each. Calls over 2 hours will be charged at 26c per minute for NZ landlines
- National mobile calls are charged at 36c per minute
- If you have chosen a Calling add-on, calls not included in your Calling add-on will be charged at the standard per minute rate. Calls over two hours to destinations included in your Calling add-on will be charged at the standard per minute rate.
- If you're calling an overseas mobile (unless a special mobile rate is listed) it will cost the same as the per minute for that destination.
- There is a one minute minimum charge for all Rural broadband calls. Thereafter, your call will be charged by the second.
- Special numbers, 0900, 059, 0161, directory assisted calls, calling card access numbers, audio conferencing calls will be charged at the applicable per minute rate of your Rural calling plan.
- Rural calling features are billed on a monthly basis in advance on your billing cycle. If you cancel these services part way through the month you will still be billed to the end of your billing cycle.
- If you choose to purchase a voicemail service, you are responsible for changing The PIN from the preset number and setting your own PIN access for the voicemail service and for any charges incurred as a result, whether or not you reset the PIN access. In the interests of others, we must limit the number and duration of messages that can be left on your voicemail service.
Rural Broadband Fixed Line Home Phone discount
- The discount is only available to customers who sign up to the Home phone (outside of Red Network - rest of NZ plan and a Vodafone Rural Broadband plan.
- You must remain on the Eligible Rural Broadband plan to receive this discount. If your Rural Broadband plan is terminated your discount will be charged at the standard monthly price.
- Vodafone reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
Rural Broadband Mobile On Account discount
- Customers signing up to a currently in market mobile On Account plan with Rural Broadband are entitled to a $10 monthly discount off the mobile plan.
- Discount is $10 per month on up to 3 eligible On Account mobile plans. Customers must keep their Rural Wireless Broadband connection to retain the $10 discount and eligible On Account mobile plan(s) must be linked to the Rural Broadband plan. Offer applies to new mobile connections only.
- The discount will cease to apply if you no longer have your Rural Broadband connection.
- Vodafone reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
Learn more about Rural Wireless Broadband