Companion Plan request
Please ensure you understand the implications and review the Terms and Conditions before providing the code contained in the TXT message sent to you.
What a Pay Monthly Companion plan is.
A Companion plan can be added to a $60 or above Endless Data plan. The Companion plan allows you to enjoy the same Endless Data, Talk & TXT as the full paying Primary plan for just $35 per month. The Primary plan holder can add up to 3 Companion plans for $35 each per month, to a full priced primary plan. To learn more about these plans, please visit www.vodafone.co.nz/companion
Please note: Companion plans must be the same plan type as the Primary plan (i.e. if Primary is on a Medium plan, all companions must be on a Medium plan), and all plans must be on the same billing account.
About privacy and control implications.
If you wish to join a Companion plan, your number is added to the Primary plan holder’s account. When this occurs, they control the number and are responsible for the monthly charges that are incurred by your number.
This also means the Primary plan holder will be able to:
• See a record of all calls and TXT messages made and received from your number (but not the content of the calls or TXTs)
• Change the plan (e.g. downgrading or upgrading the plan type, adding call bars to prevent international dialling, or adding or removing other add-ons such as interest free payments)
• Terminate or suspend the Primary Plan and/or the Companion plan
• Move your number to another provider
Please note: If you use the My Vodafone app, you'll need to re-add access to your number. You'll still be able to see your usage details, but unless the Primary Plan holder gives you access, you won't be able to view their bill or buy add-ons.
If you have a Pay Monthly plan:
- You are responsible for any outstanding charges that remain on account at the time of joining a Companion plan
- If you are in contract for your Vodafone plan, you may be charged an early termination fee and will be required to pay any outstanding amounts due (including any Interest Free Payments). In this scenario you will be sent a TXT message and informed to get in touch with one of our team to discuss your options. If desired, you can ask to cancel the transition to becoming a Companion;
- If you have any add-ons or discounts on your existing plan/account, they won't be applied to the new Companion plan
If you have a Prepay plan:
- Any existing credit you have will be transferred across to the new Pay Monthly bill.
If you have any questions regarding the implications of becoming a Companion on another account, please see our Companion FAQs
How to get going:
When you're happy that you understand the implications you can give the code contained in the TXT message sent to you, to the person who is adding your number to their account. Without the code, they won't be able to add your number
Providing this code is taken to be your acceptance and acknowledgement of the implications of becoming a companion. If you have any questions regarding the implications of becoming a companion on another account, please see the relevant FAQ’s page on our Pay Monthly Companion plans
By providing the code to the Primary plan holder, you agree that you have read, understand and accept:
- The information and implications set out above
- Mobile Terms and Conditions: https://www.vodafone.co.nz/legal/terms-conditions/mobile/
- Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions: https://www.vodafone.co.nz/legal/terms-conditions/pay-monthly/