Returns and exchange
Our 7 Day Change of Mind Guarantee means that if you change your mind for any reason about your online purchase, we’re happy to give you a credit or replace it within 7 business days.
Call our Online Shop on 0800 837 867 between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) and we will arrange for a returns form to be sent out to you and tell you the best way to return items to us.
The following conditions apply:
- Returned goods must be with their original packaging and in re-saleable condition
- You must return the item(s) in a Tracked Courier bag within 10 business days and at your own cost
- If your purchase is a handset, you must not have used more than 10 minutes of airtime or sent and received more than 10MB of data
- If your purchase is a SIM card pack, either in a bundle with a mobile, or separately, it must not have been removed from its packaging
When we receive the goods they will be assessed and if they’re okay, we'll cancel everything for you and issue you an Online Shop credit for the purchase price (excluding any delivery charges).
Mobile broadband devices
If you decide mobile broadband is not for you due to coverage issues, you can return your device within 14 days of receiving your goods and we'll cancel everything for you.
Home Phone Wireless
If your Home Phone Wireless product is less than 30 days old and you have used it for less than one hour and you want to return it, let us know and we’ll cancel everything for you.
If your mobile still doesn’t work after rebooting or updating the software here’s what you should do:
If you bought the mobile online:
- Call our Online Shop on 0800 837 867 between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday
If you bought your mobile in a retail store:
- Take the mobile back to the store you bought it from
- Make sure you have your receipt with you
The Vodafone team will check your device and work with you to fix the problem in line with our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
This may include:
- Fixing it in store if possible
- If it’s a phone, helping to save your data before sending it back to the manufacturer to repair. This process could take anywhere from a 10 to 15 working days depending on the problem
You may be entitled to a loan phone from the store if one is available - you may need to pay a bond for this.
Returning faulty goods that are less than 28 days old
If your product is less than 28 days old and you find it has a manufacturing fault, you should be able to return it for repair. Simply take the faulty mobile and proof of purchase to your nearest Vodafone retail store.
Alternatively if you’re not near a Vodafone store call our Online Shop on 0800 837 867 between 8am and 6pm. We'll discuss the fault with you, and organise the return to us. All goods must be returned together with all original packaging and accessories.
Once we receive the goods, they’ll be assessed and if everything is okay, we'll either send you a replacement or give you an Online Shop credit or refund your credit card for the purchase price.
See the Terms and Conditions for Faulty Goods and Returns
Returning faulty goods that are more than 28 days old
For manufacturing faults on products that are more than 28 days old, please take the product, along with your receipt, to your nearest Vodafone retail store. They will send the product for repair on your behalf. Handling charges and bonds may be taken and can vary from store to store.
- If the problem is that the phone battery isn't holding charge or not charging at all, take the handset, battery and charger into the store along with your receipt
- If the product is assessed and the fault is found not to be covered by the manufacturer warranty, the repairer reserves the right to charge a service fee
- Please contact us if you require a reprint of your receipt
- For full details about returning a purchase, please refer to our Online Shop Terms and Conditions
- Rural customers who have purchased online ONLY: Please call 0800 837 867 between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday to request a warranty repair
Returning a Home Phone Wireless device with a fault
Notwithstanding our Returns Policy contained in our Terms and Conditions, if your Home Phone Wireless device fails to work correctly within the manufacturer's warranty period of two years, call us on 0800 189 189 and we will dispatch a replacement device along with a prepaid courier bag to return the faulty device to us.
The device (but not the Vodafone SIM card) must be returned together with the original packaging within 10 business days. If the faulty goods are not returned to us within this time, the full retail price of the new device will be charged to your Vodafone account.
Once we have received the Home Phone Wireless device, it will be assessed and if it does not meet our returns criteria and is found to be liquid or impact damaged, you will be charged the full retail price for the new device through your Vodafone account.
For full details about returning a purchase, please refer to our Online Shop Terms and Conditions