We're sorry you're thinking of leaving us. Here are some things you may need to know before cancelling your service with Vodafone.
When changing provider
If you are changing to another provider and transferring your phone number and/or broadband connection to them, your services will need to remain active with us in order to move them over successfully. If your new provider isn’t taking all of your services from Vodafone, you will need to get in touch to arrange cancellation of any remaining services.
How to keep your phone number
If your needs have changed, or if you are going overseas for a time, we may be able to help you keep your phone number, so get in touch and let us know how you'd like us to help.
Getting your services ready to close
Please be aware that once your services with us are disconnected, you will lose your allocated phone number and access to services like voicemail and TV recordings.
Early Termination Fees
If you’ve agreed to a contract with us which is still current, you may be liable for early termination fees upon cancellation. If you are unsure about your contract dates, simply get in touch to check.
Hardware and Interest Free Payments
If you've agreed to a mobile interest-free payment plan or hardware (e.g. modems, SuperWifi device) from Vodafone, please get in touch to see if you have any remaining monthly repayments or balances. If you cancel sooner than the agreed term, the remaining balance will be charged in full on your final invoice with us.
Terms and Conditions
Our terms and conditions specify a cancellation notice period of one month for consumer customers, on our standard terms. We will continue to provide your services during the notice period unless you ask to disconnect earlier.
In the event of a bereavement
If this disconnection is due the account holder experiencing a significant life event, our specialist team is here to help in the event of a bereavement or illness.
How to close your Personal Account or Services with Vodafone
You can close your Personal Account or Services using these methods:
- Our live chat team are here to help weekdays 8:00am to 8:00pm, and weekends 9:00am to 5:30pm. During these times, just jump online and chat with us.
- If you prefer to call us and speak with someone to arrange cancellation, head to our contact page to find our contact numbers.
- Alternatively, you can complete our online disconnection form* below, and one of our team will give you a call to process this request. If you have multiple accounts with Vodafone, you will need to submit each account separately.
*If your account details match what is specified in the form, we will call you from 0800 800 021 within 2 business days to confirm and process your request. If we can't get in touch with you, your disconnection will be scheduled within 5-7 business days of your request. If your details in the form do not match the Vodafone account information, we will be in touch via email to let you know how to proceed.
Disconnection Request Form
Please complete all fields
- Please note, only the account holder can request to remove services or close accounts with Vodafone.
- This form can be used to cancel your phone, broadband or bundled Vodafone TV services entirely, it cannot be used to change plan entitlements or remove features, add-ons or channel packages. If you'd like to change your plan or amend your services, our team are happy to assist. Simply contact us for support.