A small number of Vodafone mobile phones are locked to our network.
Here's how to unlock a network locked phone, so you can use it on another mobile network - with another network's SIM card.
How much does it cost?
- There's no charge to unlock a mobile that was bought more than 9 months ago
- There is a $30 (incl. GST) fee to unlock a mobile bought less than 9 months ago.
Steps to unlock your Vodafone mobile.
Simply click the button below and follow the steps to get the unlock instructions for your mobile. A link to your unlock instructions will also be sent to the email address you provide.
Before you start...
- Have your IMEI number handy. To find your IMEI number, enter *#06# on your keypad or look under your mobile phone's battery
- The non-Vodafone SIM card needs to be in the locked Vodafone NZ mobile to enter the unlock code
- If your mobile was purchased less than 9 months ago you’ll need your debit or credit card to pay the unlock fee - you cannot use Vodafone Prepay credit to do this.
Do you have a PIN-locked SIM card?
This problem happens when you've entered the wrong PIN too many times.
Here's how to unlock your SIM with a PUK code.
Important things to know
- Network unlocking is only required if you plan to use your Vodafone NZ mobile with another provider's SIM card (including overseas networks).
- We cannot guarantee that an unlocked mobile phone will be compatible with another specific network. This is because different networks may use different technologies and frequencies. Please check compatibility requirements with the destination network provider.
- We can only help with unlocking Vodafone New Zealand mobile devices purchased from an authorised Vodafone retailer that hasn’t been tampered with, 'jail broken' or flashed.
- A Vodafone NZ mobile must only be unlocked by following our unlocking instructions. Attempting to unlock a Vodafone NZ mobile by any other means (including by entering an incorrect code more than three times) may cause the phone to become unworkable, and void the applicable warranty. Vodafone will not be liable for any damage that may occur.
- No guarantee can be given that our instructions will work for phones that have been 'jail broken' or had the manufacturers' settings tampered with
- Standard Prepay Terms and Conditions apply.