Mobile phone repairs
All Vodafone retail stores are available to assist if you need a phone repair or have bought a faulty phone, including giving you the option of a loan phone while your phone is being fixed. You can also send your phone away to be repaired with a call to 09 920 0957 and one of our team will assist you.
Try fixing your phone yourself
Your mobile has no physical or liquid damage
Restart your mobile
Don’t know how to restart your mobile phone? Learn how to do it using our online device guides
Try another SIM card in your mobile
If another SIM works in your mobile, it might not need repairing. Give us a call and our Customer Care team will check some of our settings.
Check the online device guides for a solution
Our online device guides show you how to troubleshoot basic issues for a range of mobile devices.
Your mobile has liquid damage
Remove the battery and SIM
Remove any covers meant to come off along with the SIM and battery. Please note: Do not try to open any screws, pry open anything that looks sealed or examine any other parts of the phone as this will void your warranty.
Place the mobile somewhere warm
You should allow the phone to dry naturally by placing it in the sun, near a heater or even in your hot water heater closet.
Have you followed our pre-visit checklist?
- Copy all your contacts and photos to your computer or onto another mobile phone
- Remove the password or PIN to unlock your phone
- If using an iPhone, sign out of iCloud and disable Find My iPhone
- If using an Android phone, sign out of all Google accounts
- Take the faulty mobile phone along with its original box, accessories and charger
Worried about repair costs?
If a fault occurs due to a manufacturing defect within 24 months, you can take it into a store and have it sent off to be repaired.
If there are issues with your device within the first 28 days, you can take it back to the store and request a replacement. We also comply with our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
Important things to know
- Are free from minor defects
- Are fit for purpose
- Work for a reasonable period
- Have facilities for repair
The following damages are not covered by your warranty:
- Impact damage - the phone has been dropped and damaged
- Liquid or moisture damage - the electronics have been exposed to excess levels of moisture (a possible exception to this is IP rated devices which have their own terms and conditions)
Frequently asked questions
Is it best to courier my phone?
Just remember to make sure the device is switched off, wrap it in strong, rigid packaging and keep it to once device per bag. You can then drop the courier bag at your local Post Shop or call the courier to pick it up. Don't forget to get proof of postage (e.g. track & trace).