Using your mobile phone is the most convenient way to Top Up.
Follow these steps:
Use the My Vodafone app
- Sign in to the My Vodafone app.
- Select the Prepay number you want to Top Up.
- Tap 'Balance', and then select the amount to Top Up.
- Enter your payment details to finish.
Top Up by TXT
- Ensure you have registered a Credit Card in My Vodafone
- TXT TMU and the dollar amount e.g. TMU 30 (for a $30 Top Up) to 867
- Follow the prompts
Note: Top Up by TXT applies to the mobile number that you send the TXT from.
Fast Top Up on the Vodafone website.
Top Up online using your credit card, debit card, or Voucher - it's quick, easy, and secure. You can top up your mobile account, or someone elses.
Top up in 'My Vodafone'.
Sign in to My Vodafone and select "Top Up" - have your payment card details handy.
Top up in Facebook
You can Top Up on Facebook with your credit card, debit card or Voucher, while you're checking in with friends and family.
Important things to know
- You will need to have at least 1 cent balance to be able to call 0800 or 0508 Free call number.
- If your credit is less than $5 you'll get a "low balance" TXT to remind you Top Up. You'll get this free TXT no matter where in the world you are. To stop getting these TXTs call 777 from your mobile and let us know. If your balance drops below $5 while you are using casual data, your Auto Top Up will not be triggered.
- If you don't Top Up within the applicable expiry period, you will lose any remaining balance. Additionally, your mobile number will be deactivated and recycled for someone else to use. We'll TXT you to remind you if you need to make a Top Up, so you'll have plenty of notice. Credit expiry varies between plans, see your plan's terms & conditions for details.
- You must be registered for My Vodafone online to use the My Vodafone iPhone or Android app or on your mobile.
- For Top Ups, we accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club cards.
Other ways to Top Up
Just look for the Vodafone sign at any NZ service station, dairy or supermarket, buy a recharge voucher and follow our Top Up instructions. We also sell recharge vouchers at our Vodafone stores.
Recharge vouchers are also a great way to Top Up someone else's Prepay account.
They can also be used online through My Vodafone or Facebook on a computer or tablet.
Over the phone
Call 777 from your Vodafone mobile: Follow the prompts to Top Up using your Visa, Visa Debit Card or Mastercard.
Westpac Phone Banking
If you’re registered with Westpac phone banking you can Top Up by calling the Westpac Telephone Banking service and following the prompts.
Shop or NZ Post
Pop into a shop
Lots of stores around New Zealand have Vodafone eklick EFTPOS terminals where you can Top Up with cash, credit card or EFTPOS. They'll usually have eklick EFTPOS signage to help make them easy to find. We'll TXT you to confirm your Top Up and let you know your new balance.
Use NZ Post
Top Up your Prepay at any NZ Post outlet (a Post Shop or Books & More store) with cash or EFTPOS.
Get a Prepay IOU
Simply TXT IOU to 468 and we'll apply a $5 credit straight away.