Ultra Hub modem | Upgrade firmware
Upgrading Vodafone Ultra hub modems firmware to the latest version
This article provides steps to help you upgrade your Vodafone Ultra Hub Modem firmware.
Before you begin
You should only upgrade your modem's firmware when requested by our Technical Support team.
We recommend that you backup your modem's configuration.
How your settings could be affected
In most cases you will be able to update your modem's firmware without any impact to your services. However, it is important that you are aware that this firmware update:
- Could remove any custom or advanced configuration settings in your modem
- May change the current default Admin password of your device
- If you have a phone(s) attached to your modem, there will be a disruption to services during the upgrade. You can minimize the impact by backing up and restoring your modem configuration.
Download the firmware file to your computer:
Open a web browser and go to 192.168.1.1
The Welcome screen appears
Complete the following fields:
- Username: vodafone
Password: You can find this on the bottom of your modem
Click Log In
The Overview screen appears
Click the Settings tab
On the top drop-down menu, select Advanced Mode
From the left-hand menu, click Firmware Update
The Firmware Update screen appears
In the Manual Firmware Update section, click Select File
Select the downloaded firmware and click Install update
The Firmware Update confirmation pop up appears
The uploading Firmware File pop up appears
After the file is uploaded, the updated Firmware will begin installing
- The firmware upgrade process takes about 5 minutes
- Please ensure you do not turn off your modem while the Firmware is being installed