Ultra Hub modem | Frequently Asked Questions
This article covers the most common questions and answers about the Vodafone Ultra Hub (H500-t).
Where should I place my Ultra Hub?
To get the best performance, it's recommended you place your Ultra Hub in a ventilated place away from heat sources.
To maximise the Wi-Fi coverage, we suggest putting it in a vertical position, clear of obstacles and as high as possible. Don't put it away out of sight (e.g. in a cupboard).
Do I have to use the cables etc supplied in the box?
Vodafone recommends that you use the components in the box. They have all passed strict quality control and help ensure best performance compared to older or possibly damaged cables.
What do the lights mean?
- Solid Green = connected to the Internet
- Green Blinking Slow = establishing connection
- Red Blinking Fast = no Internet
- Solid Green = telephone line registered
- Green Blinking Fast = incoming call
- Green Blinking Slow = outgoing call
- Solid Red = telephone line not registered
- Solid Green = Wi-Fi available
- Green Blinking Slow = Wi-Fi disabled by schedule
- Green Blinking Fast = synchronisation WPS
Can I turn off my Ultra Hub when I'm not using it?
If you use a landline, the Ultra Hub must always be turned on and connected to the telephone jack so you can make or receive calls. It's safe to leave it on even if you only use the internet, and it uses little power.
Can I configure the ports on my Ultra Hub?
If you have games or applications that need to configure their ports, you can do that in the internet section of the Ultra Hub configuration pages.
If you've got a landline
If your phone is connected through your Ultra Hub and there is a power blackout or your Ultra Hub is disconnected from the internet, you will not be able to make or receive phone calls, including calls to emergency or other services.
What are the technical specifications of the Ultra Hub?
Model: Vodafone H-500-t
- Dual Core Broadcom 400MHz CPU with 256MB DDR3 RAM
- DSL/WAN router
- 1x ADSL/VDSL (RJ-11)
- 3 x Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ45)
- 1 x Gigabit Ethernet WAN (RJ45)
- 2 x FXS for analogue phones, fax, pos (RJ11)
- 1 x USB 2.0
- 4G/3G HSPA via MBB USB stick
- VodafoneTV support
- Wi-Fi 11b/g/n/ac dual band concurrent: 5GHz Quantenna 4x4 MIMO and beam forming. 2,4GHz Broadcom 2x2
- DSL chipset - Bcm6303
Is bridging, telnet or SSH supported out of the box?
Can't browse the internet and / or use the phone?
If you have previously been able to browse the internet and / or talk on the phone before, check that your Ultra Hub's cables are connected properly. Restart your Ultra Hub and connected device (e.g. computer or tablet) by turning them off and on again. Often connection issues are resolved this way.
Can't log into Ultra Hub using the default username and password?
In some rare cases, you may not be able to log into your Vodafone Ultra Hub using the default username and password (appears on the sticker on the bottom of your modem). To fix this issue, you should try and manually factory reset your modem. Please note: If you've previously changed your modem's username and password, you should be using the credentials you created to log in. If you are still unable to log into your Ultra Hub, please call us on 0800 438 448.
Download the Vodafone Ultra Hub Quick Start Guide (PDF)