About the VodafoneTV App | VodafoneTV
About the Vodafone TV app
Want to watch or record your favourite shows on the go? You can, using the VodafoneTV App on your mobile or tablet while you're at home, or away from home.
The VodafoneTV app supports the following:
- Live TV (Subscribed Sky content only)
- Record, Three Day Rewind and Live Pause/Rewind
- Access to My TV, the TV Guide, and On Demand content
- You can pair 3 devices simultaneously for free
- After pairing one device, that slot is locked for the next 30 days (even if you unpair it)
- You are able to unpair 1 device per month from your account
These features are only available on selected content. This can vary depending on whether you're connected to your home network* or away from home** Viewing permissions are defined by channel rights and depends on the content itself. Rights can differ for the same program between the VodafoneTV box and the VodafoneTV App. *Home network - refers to the network your VodafoneTV box is connected to **Away from home - refers to any network your VodafoneTV box is not connected to (including mobile data)
Using the VodafoneTV App
Log into the VodafoneTV App
- On your remote, press the menu button and select Apps
- Select Phones & Tablets
- Select Add device
- Download and install the VodafoneTV App
- Follow the VodafoneTV App prompts to Scan a QR code
- Use the VodafoneTV app to scan the QR code displayed on your TV screen
How many devices can I install it on?
- Register up to 3 devices per account
- Watch VodafoneTV on one device at a time (not including your VodafoneTV Box)
- Swap out / remove one of your registered devices once every 30 days
For more information go to www.vodafone.co.nz/tv/vodafone-tv/
System requirements and restrictions
- Android 4.4 or later
- iOS 9.0 or later
Please note: The VodafoneTV App will not run on jail broken devices.
How to guides
- Record a programme
- Watch recordings
- Watch Catchup TV
- Cancel a recording (stop a show from being recorded)
- Delete a recording (remove a show that has already been recorded)
Installing the App
- Navigate to the Google Play Store or iTunes and search for the VodafoneTV App
- Download the App to your device
- Follow Log in instructions as above
Using the App
The App contains the same functionality as the VodafoneTV box itself, except that the built in Apps such as YouTube YouTube Kids, NEON, Lightbox, Play Stuff, TVNZ on Demand, Three Now and Netflix cannot be viewed via the VodafoneTV App. TVNZ and TV3 content cannot be viewed on the VodafoneTV App.
The MY TV tab shows your recorded or saved content.
- Here you will see all of the content that you have recorded, saved to watch later, and are part way through watching.
The TV Guide tab displays an overview of all of the content currently playing on TV and displays the symbols that confirm what content can be watched or recorded via the App.
- Selecting a channel in this list gives the options to Play, Record, and Send to TV
Send to TV is only available if you are at home and connected to Wi-Fi.
If this is not the case, you will see this message:
- Selecting the icon to the left of the times, opens up more options, such as going backwards or forwards to another day, and selecting specific groups of channels such as Sports, or Movies
The On Demand tab is where you can search a library of content to watch when you like.
- You can add this content to your watchlist to watch later.
- More titles are being added all the time.