On 31 March 2013 Vodafone Fixed Limited trading as TelstraClear ("TelstraClear") merged with Vodafone New Zealand Limited ("Vodafone"). Vodafone has assumed all the rights and obligations of TelstraClear.
We're working on rolling out UFB services throughout out the country. When we provide UFB services in your area, the following terms and conditions will apply.
Terms and Conditions
These UFB terms and conditions ("UFB Terms") apply to all services provided to you over the UFB Network built as part of the Government's UFB initiative ("UFB Network"). Vodafone's Residential Terms and Conditions as well as other Vodafone specific product terms may also apply to the services we provide to you on the UFB Network. A copy of these terms may be found at http://www.vodafone.co.nz/legal/terms-conditions/archive/ If any terms refer to "our network", "Vodafone Network" or anything similar, those terms will be taken to also include a reference to the UFB Network and a reference to "service" in those terms will be taken to include a reference to services on the UFB Network.
If there is any inconsistency between these UFB Terms and any other Vodafone terms that apply to the services on the UFB Network, these UFB Terms apply to the extent of the inconsistency. We may amend these UFB Terms at any time including where this is required to ensure that we comply with our obligations under our agreements with a local fibre company ("LFC").
For us to provide you services over the UFB Network you must:
- agree to be bound by the LFC (End User) Terms. These are the applicable standard terms issued by each LFC (as amended from time to time). Depending on your region, these terms may be viewed at:
|Hamilton, Hawera, New Plymouth, Tauranga, Tokoroa and Wanganui||ultrafastfibre.co.nz|
|All other UFB areas||chorus.co.nz|
- if you are not the property owner, you must obtain the property owner's consent to all works being undertaken at the property that may be required for you to receive the services. This may involve signing a consent form if required by an LFC.
You acknowledge and agree:
- to provide us with all information, assistance and consents reasonably requested to enable us, our contractors or suppliers (including an LFC) to obtain authorisations, licences or consents that may be required to provide services to you.
- to give us, our contractors, agents and suppliers (including an LFC) such access to your premises as is reasonably necessary to enable the construction, installation, inspection, maintenance, replacement or removal of any equipment required for a service, to provide a service to you or to fix any fault with a service.
- that, if we, our contractors or suppliers attend at your home at the arranged time and are not able to gain entry or provide the services (including where you have changed your mind about whether to proceed with the services), we will charge you for that attendance.
- that title to any equipment used to provide services to you will remain with us or our suppliers (including an LFC) (unless otherwise agreed in writing). You will not do anything that affects or is likely to affect any ownership rights in any equipment.
- that we may temporarily suspend or restrict a service so that we or our suppliers (including an LFC) can carry out maintenance and development work on any network used to provide a service to you. We will always try to minimise any disruption to you (except in an emergency where this may not be practicable).
Services operated on the UFB Network require power to operate. During a power failure you may not be able to use the services. If you cannot use the services, you will not be able to make any telephone call including calls to Emergency "111" services. You may also need to make alternative arrangements if you have a monitored alarm or other legacy modem device.