TXT-a-Park lets you pay for your parking with your Vodafone
mobile. It's fast, it's easy - and it means hunting for loose change
is a thing of the past.
TXT -a-Park may be in your area now
TXT-a-Park machines are continuing to spread across New
Zealand. They're easy to spot; they're tall, made of brushed steel
- and chances are they're right where you want to park.
Paying with TXT-a-Park is as easy as sending a TXT
How do I use the TXT-a-Park machine?
Each TXT-a-Park machine has full instructions. Here's the
- Press the TXT-a-Park button on the machine, and it will
give you the cost and codes for the length of time you want to park
- TXT the code number for your choice of parking time to
- When your TXT goes through, the machine will beep, tell
you it's all go and ask you to press the OK button (or, if you've
changed your mind, press Cancel)
- The machine will then print your ticket for
displaying on your dashboard, and you'll receive a confirmation TXT
on your mobile If there's a problem TXTing the machine, the message
"TXT-a-Park unavailable - please use coin" will appear on the machine.
Your Vodafone mobile will also receive a TXT saying "I'm sorry, TXT-a-Park
is currently unavailable. "
How much does it cost?
In addition to the cost of the parking, you'll be charged
50 cents (including GST) for the cost of the TXT. You'll have to pay
50 cents whether you choose one or two hour parking - but you'll be
charged nothing if you cancel the transaction instead of pressing
the machine's "OK" button.
How is the parking charged?
If you have a Vodafone Prepay mobile, your parking fee
will be deducted from your Prepay balance, so be sure you have enough
credit. If you have a Vodafone account, the cost of the parking will
be itemised on your next Vodafone bill, and clearly identified as
Where are TXT-a-Park machines?
Below is a list of all the Councils that have installed
TXT-a-Park machines in their area. This list is always being updated,
so be sure to check back here again soon!
- North Shore City Council – 09 486 8600
- Auckland City Council - 09 379 2020
- Manukau City Council - 09 262 5104
- Tauranga City Council - 07 577 7000
- Hutt City Council - 04 570 6666
- Wellington City Council - 04 499 4444
- Marlborough District Council - 03 520 7400
- Nelson City Council - 03 546 0200
- Christchurch City Council - 03 941 8999
- Queenstown Lakes District Council - 03 441 0499